woensdag 22 oktober 2014

Innocent Smoothie Hats



When I was at the trainstation last year one of my Innocent Smoothies came with a little knitted hat.
It was so cute!
After some googling I learned that it was a thing to raise money for the elderly fund here in Holland.
I was to late to send in some of my own, and I can't knit but I was determined to send some in this year.

I still can't knit so I had to figure out how to crochet something like that.
Now I have never crocheted a hat before so I wasn't quite shure how to start.
And then by chance I found some little hats on Instagram.
The maker was kind enough to share the pattern so I was good to go.

It really was ridiculously easy!





If you're in the mood to make some little hats here we go:

The things you need: a 4,5 mm crochethook and some colorfull matching yarn (DK size)

1. ch3, 9dc into 1st ch. Slip stitch to join.
2. ch3 , 2dc in each dc around (18dc)
3. ch3, 1 dc in each dc around
4. repeat round 3
5. repeat round 3
6. chain 2, 1 half dc in each dc around

( the pattern is in US terms. The ch3 at the start of each round does not count as a stitch. You should slip stitch to the first dc at the start of that round to join)

Pattern credit: @purlrose

With the little hat finished you can add some embellishments.  My favorite is the cream one with the bright pink pompom ( I wanted to make more pompoms but may have had a small nervous breakdown making more pompoms so I scrapped that plan )




For more information on the whole project visit the Innocent website.
Here in Holland hats must be sent in by the 1st of December but check the page for your country for rules applying to you.






Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten